The Washington County Sheriff is now one of many jurisdictions to use automated speed enforcement to reduce traffic crashes, pedestrian accidents and most important to save lives. The program will provide automated enforcement in school zones.
The fine for violating the posted speed limit is $40.00 for each violation. Violators traveling 12 mph or more over the posted speed limit will activate the speed camera. This will result in a violation notice being issued via the US Mail. All violators may pay the fine or request a court date to contest the speeding violation.
Speed cameras operate Monday – Friday, 6 AM until 8 PM.
Currently cameras are located at:
- Maugansville Elementary School zone – Maugans Avenue
- Paramount Elementary School zone – Longmeadow Road and Marsh Pike
- Greenbrier Elementary School zone – San Mar Road, Boonsboro
- Eastern Elementary School/ Ruth Ann Monroe Elementary School zone – Yale Drive and Mt. Aetna Road
- Springfield Middle School zone- Sunset Avenue, Williamsport
- Cascade Elementary School zone – Pennersville Road, Cascade
- Old Forge Elementary School zone – Old Forge Road, Smithsburg
- Clear Spring Elementary School zone – 12600 block National Pike
- Sharpsburg Elementary School zone – Shepherdstown Pike
- Fountain Rock Elementary School- 17000 block of Lappans Rd, Hagerstown
The citation is issued to the registered owner of the vehicle. The registered owner is the responsible party who must ensure the fine is paid or request a court date.
The citation is mailed to the address of the vehicle’s registered owner that is obtained from Maryland Vehicle Administration (MVA). The citation is required by law to be mailed within 14 days of the violation for instate license plates and 30 days for out of state plates.
Payments can be made the following ways:
Pay by Phone: Call (443) 354-3070 and follow the automated prompts.
Pay by Web: Go to www.ip360webpay.com to pay via credit card (VISA/MC/DISCOVER).
Pay by Mail: Certified check or money order, payable to the Washington County Sheriff Automated Speed Enforcement, P.O. Box 5046, Hagerstown, MD 21741.
To ensure proper credit, include the citation number and vehicle tag number on your certified check or money order.
There are no walk-in payment locations available
APPEAL THE CITATION
To contest the citation, you may request to appear in District Court of Maryland for Washington County by returning the completed form on the back of the Citation. Submit the completed form at least 5 days prior to the “Due Date” shown on the front of the Citation.