GTL and the Washington County Jail are closely monitoring the coronavirus situation. To ensure that maintaining connections between you and your loved ones remains a priority, there will be alternate means of visitation made available.
That’s why starting, November 26, 2020, you will have the ability to start video visiting with your loved one at Washington County Detention Center, MD. Here’s what you can expect:
How to Get Started
Get registered online at https://washingtonmd.gtlvisitme.com/app
Internet home visits
Video visitation scheduling now open with visits starting on November 26, 2020.
Ways to Video Visit
You can video visit using a computer* or Android device with internet, camera and speakers. A headset or earbuds are highly recommended.
Visitation Hours & Rates
- $0.25 / minute
- Visits are limited to a maximum of 25 minutes per visit.
- All incarcerated individuals get one free video visit per week.
- Scheduling availability and prices are shown during the scheduling process. Prices and times are subject to change.
Other Important Details
- All visits must be scheduled in advance.
- Please check-in 15 minutes before your scheduled visit.
- Visitors must be approved by the facility to schedule visits.
- Email address to register and schedule visits.
- Valid Photo ID for registration and at check-in.
Register today so you can start visiting by as early as Thanksgiving!
❗*Attention Chrome, Edge, and Internet Explorer users:
On Nov. 24, an update went out to these browsers that may be causing issues with your microphone during a video visit. GTL is working on a solution that will not have this issue.
To avoid experiencing microphone issues with your video visit, please refrain from using Chrome/Edge/Internet Explorer and follow the instructions below:
Download and install Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/download/thanks/
- Download and install Adobe Flash: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Open Firefox, go to the visitation website for your facility and proceed with your visit as normal
For further assistance, please contact Customer Service at 855-208-7349
Video Visitation Information
Our Video Visitation system uses a web-based product to schedule inmate visits. The first step to using this process is creating a visiting user account. This is accomplished by going to https://washingtonmd.gtlvisitme.com/app and following the directions on the home page.
Users of this website must have a valid, working email address. The system will email confirmations of scheduled inmate visits.
Tablet Time & Messaging (Friends & Family)
Inmates now have the use of tablets in the facility. Go to the following site to create an account: https://www.gettingout.com/. Family members and friends can fund an inmate’s ability to send Text messages, pictures, and a limited number of games.
Detention Center: 500 Western Maryland Parkway, Hagerstown, MD 21740 | 240-313-2133
Detention Center Contacts:
- Detention Center Assistance – 240-313-2133
- Records – 240-313-2125
- Booking Intake – 240-313-2137
- Inmate Programs – 240-313-2148
- Inmate Services/Property – 240-313-2872
- Training/Recruitment – 240-313-2124
- Shift Commander – 240-313-2136
- Medical – 240-313-2156
- Substance Abuse Program – 240-313-2161