On May 31, 2020, just before 6:30 PM, Deputies were notified of a police pursuit emerging from the area of Shepherdstown, West Virginia. West Virginia officials reported that a vehicle rammed a police vehicle and then fled.
Deputies from the Washington County Sheriff’s Office pursued the suspect vehicle from the Sharpsburg area, into Hagerstown and onto the Dual Highway. The suspect fled from the vehicle and is believed to have gone into the Plaza Inn and Suites, 901 Dual Highway, Hagerstown, MD.
At approximately 8:00 PM, the suspect, identified as Terrell Adolfus Thorne, 37, of Martinsburg, WV, was taken into custody inside the hotel.
Thorne has been charged by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office with the following:
- Failure to stop at the scene of an accident
- Driver failure to stop at red signal
- Attempt by driver to elude police by failing to stop
- Attempt by driver to elude police on foot
- Negligent driving
- Driving wrong way on one way street
- Failure to drive on right half of roadway
- Unsafe lane change
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
- Driving vehicle in excess of reasonable speed
- Displaying expired registration
- Failure to stop at steady circular red device
Thorne is currently being held at the Washington County Detention Center on no bond.